Today is National Coffee Cake Day!!!!!
Can you imagine a day dedicated to yummy coffee cake?
What a great day to celebrate.. we have permission to eat yummy coffee cake on this day.
So in honor of #NationalCoffeeCakeDay, I’m going to share my most famous (or maybe it’s just infamous) coffee cake that I make for ALL my guests who I invite over for dinner, or bring to their home when I ask “what I can bring”….teehee…
So here it goes……….
Randi’s Low Fat/Low Sugar Streusel Coffee Cake
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix (try the reduced sugar one by Pillsbury)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 butter or margarine, chilled
- 1 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Measure 2/3 cup of cake mix and put into a medium bowl. Add chocolate chips, nuts, butter/margarine and Splenda Brown Sugar Blend. Mix by hand until crumbly
- Pour the remaining cake mix into another bowl
- Add egg whites and sour cream and mix with a blender until smooth
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan (the kind that has a bottom that drops out) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into the pan. Spread evenly across the bottom
- Evenly sprinkle 1/2 of the crumbly topping on top.
- Layer the remaining batter on top of the topping and spread as evenly as you can
- Top it off with the remaining crumb topping
- Place in the over for about 30 minutes
And of course …….