Randi’s Low Fat Streusel Coffee Cake
Today is National Coffee Cake Day!!!!!
Can you imagine a day dedicated to yummy coffee cake?
What a great day to celebrate.. we have permission to eat yummy coffee cake on this day.
So in honor of #NationalCoffeeCakeDay, I’m going to share my most famous (or maybe it’s just infamous) coffee cake that I make for ALL my guests who I invite over for dinner, or bring to their home when I ask “what I can bring”….teehee…
So here it goes……….
Randi’s Low Fat/Low Sugar Streusel Coffee Cake
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix (try the reduced sugar one by Pillsbury)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 butter or margarine, chilled
- 1 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Measure 2/3 cup of cake mix and put into a medium bowl. Add chocolate chips, nuts, butter/margarine and Splenda Brown Sugar Blend. Mix by hand until crumbly
- Pour the remaining cake mix into another bowl
- Add egg whites and sour cream and mix with a blender until smooth
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan (the kind that has a bottom that drops out) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into the pan. Spread evenly across the bottom
- Evenly sprinkle 1/2 of the crumbly topping on top.
- Layer the remaining batter on top of the topping and spread as evenly as you can
- Top it off with the remaining crumb topping
- Place in the over for about 30 minutes
And of course …….
Today, April 6, 2016 is National Walking Day!
The American Heart Association recommends at least 150 minutes of moderate physical activity per week for adults… That’s only “20 Minutes” per day… easy cheesy…
It’s so easy to do…
- Work full time?
- Get up from your desk and use your 15 minute breaks to walk the stairs or walk around your complex
- What about your lunch breaks? Can eat and walk at the same time LOL
- Going shopping?
- Park your car in the farthest spot you can find and walk to the shops
- Going out to eat?
- Can you walk there? Why not right?
- Going to the Beach?
- Try taking a walk when you’ve had enough of laying on the sand
- Have a dog?
- Well.. that’s easy… doggies need exercise too!
See.. it’s really easy to get in 20 minutes of walking every day. And before you know it, you’ve created a new habit to last a life time!
Try it.. GET UP NOW!
#NationalWalkingDay2016 #GetupandWalk #YouCanDoIt #randisfitness
It’s that time again..
Check out my March Featured RDN of the Month about Susie Garcia, RDN
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Business Owner, Healthy Life Coach, Author, National Speaker, Food Industry Consultant, Corporate Wellness Advisor
And after reading my interview why don’t you hop on over to Susie’s website @ TheSusieGarcia.com
Read Part 2 of my Featured RDN stories on Bonita “Bonnie” Hart, RDN and Anna Hamada, RDN of Food and Nutrition Management Services, Inc on the California Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Website!
In 2015 Anna Hamada, RDN earned a 50-year Milestone for her membership in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics! Now that is impressive!!!!!!
Check out my JANUARY Featured RDN Story of the Month on the California Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (CAND) Website
Bonita “Bonnie” Hart, RDN
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist of Food and Nutrition Management Services, Inc! www.fnmsnet.org
She has been serving the dietetics profession since 1964!!! WOW.. can you imagine!