Are you trying to get your family to eat healthier, but all they do is put up a fuss? Here are some sneaky ways to cut those extra calories without them ever knowing… wink…..wink. I did this with my family and they never tasted the difference..in fact they “LOVED” my cooking!
- Use egg whites in place of whole eggs (for example: 4 egg whites in place of 2 whole eggs) in any recipe
- Splenda granulated in place of sugar while baking
- Splenda brown sugar in place of regular brown sugar
- Light sour cream in place of regular sour cream on your baked potatoes, tacos or quesadillas
- Low fat cottage cheese instead of regular cottage cheese
- Apple sauce in place of vegetable oil while baking
- Use 1% or skim milk in place of whole milk
- Bake your breaded chicken cutlets instead of frying them!
- 10% lean ground beef/sirloin instead of 30%
- Baked potato chips instead of regular chips
- Low sodium canned soup (if this is a must)
- Light mayonnaise or try mustard on sandwiches
- 2% skim cheese instead of regular cheese on tacos, grilled cheese sandwiches…..
Blueberry Banana Nut Oatmeal!
Easy, no muss, no fuss, no excuse that “I don’t have time” breakfast, breakfast!!!! 🙂
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- 2/3 cup non fat or 1% low fat milk
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/2 of a banana sliced
- a handful of walnuts
- one sweetener of your choice
Use quick oats and place dry oatmeal in a bowl. Add the milk with your sweetener and microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds! Remove from microwave, add blueberries, banana slices and walnuts. Stir and voila……
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup Splenda Granulated
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup chopped apples (peeled)
- 1 whole WHOLE cranberries
- 1/3 cup walnuts
Cream margarine and Splenda until fluffy. Beat in vanilla and eggs. Combine flour, salt, baking soda. Add this mixture with the orange juice to the Splenda mixture. Fold in apples, cranberries and walnuts. Pour into 2 loaf pans sprayed with “no stick” cooking spray and bake @ 350 degrees for 40 minutes (ovens may vary). Cool. Cut in to 1″ slices and serve.