Randi’s Low Fat Streusel Coffee Cake
Today is National Coffee Cake Day!!!!!
Can you imagine a day dedicated to yummy coffee cake?
What a great day to celebrate.. we have permission to eat yummy coffee cake on this day.
So in honor of #NationalCoffeeCakeDay, I’m going to share my most famous (or maybe it’s just infamous) coffee cake that I make for ALL my guests who I invite over for dinner, or bring to their home when I ask “what I can bring”….teehee…
So here it goes……….
Randi’s Low Fat/Low Sugar Streusel Coffee Cake
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix (try the reduced sugar one by Pillsbury)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 butter or margarine, chilled
- 1 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Measure 2/3 cup of cake mix and put into a medium bowl. Add chocolate chips, nuts, butter/margarine and Splenda Brown Sugar Blend. Mix by hand until crumbly
- Pour the remaining cake mix into another bowl
- Add egg whites and sour cream and mix with a blender until smooth
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan (the kind that has a bottom that drops out) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into the pan. Spread evenly across the bottom
- Evenly sprinkle 1/2 of the crumbly topping on top.
- Layer the remaining batter on top of the topping and spread as evenly as you can
- Top it off with the remaining crumb topping
- Place in the over for about 30 minutes
And of course …….
Ok folks, this is the best recipe of the Century. I found this on Pinterest. Pinned it, made it and it’s a winner. There is NO baking involved… just a 1 minute on the stove top, mix, , drop, cool and that’s it! 15 minutes total!
I’m serious… not joking….and guess what? It’s so low in calories, fat and sugar..you will want to eat the entire plate in one sitting…
Peanut Butter Nutella Oatmeal Nuggets
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (I used Laura Scudder’s)
- 3 cups quick oats
- 2 cups sugar (I used 1 cup sugar and 1 cup Splenda)
- 1/4 cup cocoa (natural unsweetened)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk (I used skim)
- 1 pinch of salt
- In a medium pot mix cocoa, sugar/Splenda, milk and margarine. Boil for 1 minute and remove from heat. Add remaining ingredients (oats, Nutella, PB, salt, vanilla) and mix until coated. With a spoon make droplets onto a cookie sheet or plate covered with wax paper or tin foil and refrigerate. Serve after chilled. Makes approximately 36 pcs.
My Favorite Strawberry and Spinach Salad
Great for hot summer nights……..
- Fresh spinach
- Crumbled feta
- Fresh sliced strawberries
- Cucumbers, quartered
- Sliced green or red onions (your choice)
- Handful of dried cranberries
- Handful of slivered almonds
Toss with my favorite dressing “Gerard’s Light Champagne” or a any balsamic of your choice!
Does anyone have anything they want to add to this? Or a homemade dressing of their liking? Post here!
Check out this fun recipe that kids can enjoy for breakfast… easy to make and easy to slice, package and freeze! @randisfitness @kidseatright
#kids #healthy #nutrition #recipes
Enjoy a fun slice of banana chocolate chip bread!
Are you trying to get your family to eat healthier, but all they do is put up a fuss? Here are some sneaky ways to cut those extra calories without them ever knowing… wink…..wink. I did this with my family and they never tasted the difference..in fact they “LOVED” my cooking!
- Use egg whites in place of whole eggs (for example: 4 egg whites in place of 2 whole eggs) in any recipe
- Splenda granulated in place of sugar while baking
- Splenda brown sugar in place of regular brown sugar
- Light sour cream in place of regular sour cream on your baked potatoes, tacos or quesadillas
- Low fat cottage cheese instead of regular cottage cheese
- Apple sauce in place of vegetable oil while baking
- Use 1% or skim milk in place of whole milk
- Bake your breaded chicken cutlets instead of frying them!
- 10% lean ground beef/sirloin instead of 30%
- Baked potato chips instead of regular chips
- Low sodium canned soup (if this is a must)
- Light mayonnaise or try mustard on sandwiches
- 2% skim cheese instead of regular cheese on tacos, grilled cheese sandwiches…..