1. CUTTING OUT CARBOHYDRATES
- Everyone NEEDS carbs to survive
- Carbs are you PRIMARY “Energy” source
- Carbs are converted to glucose, which is taken up by your brain and skeletal muscles
- The rest is stored in the liver as glycogen, which can be used as an immediate energy source or stored for future use
2. NOT EATING ENOUGH PROTEIN
- Protein is not an energy course, but can AID in replenishing glycogen repletion
- Protein creates better muscle refueling and rebuilding
- Protein reduces Cortisol, a hormone that breaks down muscle
- Amino acids from protein, if readily available, enhances muscle repair and reduces muscle soreness
- Protein HELPS BURN FAT!!
3. SKIPPING MEALS
- Skipping meals can actually have the reverse effect than you’d expect
- When skipping meals, your body goes in to the “fed-fast” state (starvation mode)
- Your brain will use all the carbs you ate to function and your body will go into lipolysis – in essence, turns everything else in to fatty acids and stores it in your adipose tissue
4. LISTENING TO YOUR FRIENDS ADVICE!