Eat when you’re hungry and Stop when you’re full!
Sounds simple, right?
Ha, well…it’s not that simple, though it should be… it’s the practice of Intuitive Eating!
Intuitive eating is the process of “Making Peace with Food” through mind, body and spirit. It teaches you how to distinguish between emotional and physical hunger. Everyone is born with the ability to eat intuitively starting in infancy so we can certainly get back to that stage through the proper mind-set. Some can learn this and proceed to transform their diet mentality and others may need some help with the process….either way, it is the ultimate way to live life!
The 10 Principles of Intuitive Eating
- Reject the Diet Mentality
- Honor your Hunger
- Make Peace with Food
- Challenge the Food Police
- Feel your Fullness
- Discover the Satisfaction Factor
- Cope with your Emotions without Using Food
- Respect your Body
- Exercise – Feel the Difference
- Honor your Health with Gentle Nutrition
Intuitive Eating was originally created by Evelyn Tribole, MS, RD and Elyse Resch, MS, RD, FADA, CEDRD, both of whom I have met and spoke to personally.
I have received a Certificate of Completion at the Intuitive Eating PRO Workshop 2.0 in 2012. If you need help, please contact me for a counseling session!
Check out this fun recipe that kids can enjoy for breakfast… easy to make and easy to slice, package and freeze! @randisfitness @kidseatright
#kids #healthy #nutrition #recipes
Enjoy a fun slice of banana chocolate chip bread!
Are you trying to get your family to eat healthier, but all they do is put up a fuss? Here are some sneaky ways to cut those extra calories without them ever knowing… wink…..wink. I did this with my family and they never tasted the difference..in fact they “LOVED” my cooking!
- Use egg whites in place of whole eggs (for example: 4 egg whites in place of 2 whole eggs) in any recipe
- Splenda granulated in place of sugar while baking
- Splenda brown sugar in place of regular brown sugar
- Light sour cream in place of regular sour cream on your baked potatoes, tacos or quesadillas
- Low fat cottage cheese instead of regular cottage cheese
- Apple sauce in place of vegetable oil while baking
- Use 1% or skim milk in place of whole milk
- Bake your breaded chicken cutlets instead of frying them!
- 10% lean ground beef/sirloin instead of 30%
- Baked potato chips instead of regular chips
- Low sodium canned soup (if this is a must)
- Light mayonnaise or try mustard on sandwiches
- 2% skim cheese instead of regular cheese on tacos, grilled cheese sandwiches…..
Nutrition Tidbit of the Day!
#nutrition, #healthy eating
Have you eaten any BLUE foods lately???
These foods are rich in FLAVONOIDS. They help to make our blood vessels healtier which helps lower the risk of heart disease. They prevent short term memory loss associated with aging. They help to improve our motor skills. They help to prevent cancer and help to prevent urinary tract infections.
Try some of these TODAY….. blueberries, raisons, grapes, plums, purple cabbage, eggplant………