Randi Drasin is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who has over 25 years experience in the fitness industry. She was a recreational gymnast as a young girl and began weight training in 1986 after graduating from California State University, Northridge with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communications. She then became a Certified Personal Fitness Trainer in 1989, and both a PE coach and gymnastics coach in 1996.
RANDI’S FITNESS FOR KIDS was created in order to have a career that would allow her daughter to be with her vs being in day care. In 1996 she decided to combine her gymnastics and fitness skills and create a company that would provide after school fitness classes for kids, thus the creation of Randi’s Fitness for Kids!
Randi spent the first several years teaching the classes on her own, then began to hire independent contractors to teach additional classes promoting the arts and fitness. After a few more years she had to step away from teaching in order to manage the company. Throughout the last 20 years, Randi’s Fitness for Kids has been in over 40 schools, both private and public as well as providing programs to children in need. Many scholarships are provided for families who struggle financially. During this time, Randi was also a PE specialist for kindergarden children for over 12 years and was the director of Gymnastics and Cheerleading camps for 15 years.
Throughout the years, Randi’s Fitness has expanded to include programming at treatment programs for teens and women as well as enrichment therapy for seniors in Adult Day Health Centers.
Randi then decided to further her career and education by going back to school in 2007 to earn a Bachelor of Science Degree in Dietetics to become a Registered Dietitian. She completed her BS Degree in August of 2009, through the University of Northern Colorado’s Distance Dietetics Program, and was accepted into the Iowa State Nationwide Dietetics Internship in 2010 where she completed her supervised practice hours, sat for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics National Registration Exam and became a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist in 2011. In 2010 Randi entered graduate school at California State University, Northridge and completed a Master of Science Degree in Nutrition in May 2012.
RANDI’S FITNESS NUTRITION. As a dietitian, Randi has encountered many opportunities that allow her to use her knowledge and skills. She began Randi’s Fitness Nutrition Private Practice in which her office is located in Calabasas California. Her main focus is in Community Nutrition as the only dietitian for PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care) at the Los Angeles Jewish Home’s Brandman Centers for Senior Care in Reseda, California. She is a consulting dietitian for ANKA Behavioral Health, in which she works with clientele who suffer from schizo-affective disorder, bipolar, substance abuse and homelessness and for Inspire Malibu, where she works with clientele going through drug and alcohol rehabilitation.
MEDIA. Randi has written several nutrition articles that are currently published online for Bodybuilding.com and Ninja Pingwin Nutrition and has created a nutrition education program called FUNKY – Fun Understanding of Nutrition for Kids and Youth. Randi also sits on the CAND (California Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics) Communications Council where she is the interviewer and editor of the Featured RDN of the Month stories. And of late she has been asked to write “quotes” for nutrition articles for BeachBody. Her most current work is as a contributing “Viewpoint” write for 2 Graduate Level text books “Nutrition Assessment: Clinical and Research Applications,” to be published in January 2018 and “Nutrition for the Older Adult 3e” to be published in 2019.
- First Aid
- ServSafe Food Safety
- Certificate of Training in Childhood and Adolescent Weight Management
- Pro Skills Training in Intuitive Eating
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications
- Bachelor of Science in Dietetics
- Master of Science in Nutrition
- 2013 California Dietetic Association’s Award Recipient for “Excellence in Community Nutrition”
- 2011 California Dietetic Association’s Nomination for “Outstanding Dietetic Student”
- 2009 California Governors Spotlight Award Nominee
Memberships & Affiliations:
- Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Member of the California Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Member of the Los Angeles District Dietetic Association
- CAND Communications Council 2014 – Present | Featured RDN Story Editor
- Nominating Committee 2014-2015 CAND Los Angeles District Dietetic Association
- President 2013-2014 CAND Los Angeles District
- President Elect 2012-2013 CAND Los Angeles District
- Social Media Coordinator for Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition DPG (SCAN) 2009-2013
- Member Health Aging DPG
- Member Weight Management DPG (WM)